Bannerfish is a GPL web banner ad server written with Twisted. I wrote it because I didn't feel like installing a security risk like PHP on my web server. It's intended for small sites that don't need too many features.
Bannerfish features include:
- Image and Flash banners
- Automatic deactivation when paid views are up
- Web based management interface
- Web based reporting for ad owner
- Weighted views
- Ad rotation
- Multiple ads per page
- Limit ads based on section (aka categories)
- Cross-platform (should run on Win32, only tested on Debian GNU/Linux)
You can read the README for the latest version.
Bannerfish-0.2.0.tar.gz - requires Python 2.2 and Twisted 0.99.2 or later.
Bannerfish-0.1.1.tar.gz - requires Python 2.2 and Twisted 0.99.2 or later.